What is the problem with school lunches?
After reading an article on the topic, Bitte and Hanna discuss the Swedish phenomenon of all children being served hot school lunches throughout their time in school, along with:
- What are the students served? How is it done? And what is the cost?
- The astonishing food waste in schools!
- The concept of “wish lunches”, is Sweden moving towards a school restaurant? What about medical necessity for a particular diet?
- How are school lunches handled internationally?
- What “should” a healthy packed lunch contain according to The European Food Information Council? (No surprises there, then.)
Enjoy this episode and don’t forget to join us at our “school” – LCU18 in Mallorca, where we get delicious, low carb lunches (and dinners!). Find your ticket here!
Hanna tells you everything she learned on her recent road trip to the Champagne region in France!
Believe it or not, most Champagnes are actually very low carb. And a glass can certainly add to your joy of life, which is one of our are values.
Learn more about Champagne, both the region and the drink, as Hanna tells you about:
- How Champagne is produced. Which grapes, how, when, where?
- How is rosé Champagne made? What does a Vintage mean?
- Epernay versus Reims – where to stay and what to do?
- Hanna’s top three personal recommendations for Champagne houses to visit!
- And, perhaps most importantly, which Champagne pairs the best with steak?
Remember that we are not sponsored by any brands mentioned, and we of course advocate for responsible drinking.
Enjoy this episode!
“You need to give up something to gain something.” – Dr. Ali al Lawati
Listen in as Hanna chats to internist and fellow Type 1 Diabetic, Dr. Ali al Lawati!
They talk about this (and much more!):
- Dr. Ali’s diagnosis story. When was he diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, how and what was the diet he was advised to follow at first?
- How did Dr. Ali get into medicine?
- Insulin and the weight gain – how did Dr. Ali solve that?
- Diabetic complications – what can we do to halt them? And what did Dr. Ali do to reverse his?
- The incredible story of how Dr. Ali discovered that a low carb way of eating was right for him.
- Endocrinologists and basic biochemistry – what’s missing?
- Learn Dr. Ali’s top 3 tips to simplify you’re life with Diabetes
“It’s sad that a lot of doctors don’t know the power of changing lifestyles.” – Dr. Ali al Lawati
Both Dr. Ali and Hanna share some true gems in terms of their lives with Type 1 Diabetes, their struggles, wins and hope for the future. This episode is very special.
“You can never reach this level of comfort with Diabetes with a regular high carbohydrate, low fat diet. It’s impossible.” – Dr. Ali al Lawati
What did you learn? And who is your diabetes hero? Leave a comment below to let us know!
Ps. You can of course meet Dr. Ali al Lawati in Mallorca, Spain this November! Get your ticket for our signature event #LCU18 here!