What is the problem with school lunches?
After reading an article on the topic, Bitte and Hanna discuss the Swedish phenomenon of all children being served hot school lunches throughout their time in school, along with:
- What are the students served? How is it done? And what is the cost?
- The astonishing food waste in schools!
- The concept of “wish lunches”, is Sweden moving towards a school restaurant? What about medical necessity for a particular diet?
- How are school lunches handled internationally?
- What “should” a healthy packed lunch contain according to The European Food Information Council? (No surprises there, then.)
Enjoy this episode and don’t forget to join us at our “school” – LCU18 in Mallorca, where we get delicious, low carb lunches (and dinners!). Find your ticket here!
“You need to give up something to gain something.” – Dr. Ali al Lawati
Listen in as Hanna chats to internist and fellow Type 1 Diabetic, Dr. Ali al Lawati!
They talk about this (and much more!):
- Dr. Ali’s diagnosis story. When was he diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, how and what was the diet he was advised to follow at first?
- How did Dr. Ali get into medicine?
- Insulin and the weight gain – how did Dr. Ali solve that?
- Diabetic complications – what can we do to halt them? And what did Dr. Ali do to reverse his?
- The incredible story of how Dr. Ali discovered that a low carb way of eating was right for him.
- Endocrinologists and basic biochemistry – what’s missing?
- Learn Dr. Ali’s top 3 tips to simplify you’re life with Diabetes
“It’s sad that a lot of doctors don’t know the power of changing lifestyles.” – Dr. Ali al Lawati
Both Dr. Ali and Hanna share some true gems in terms of their lives with Type 1 Diabetes, their struggles, wins and hope for the future. This episode is very special.
“You can never reach this level of comfort with Diabetes with a regular high carbohydrate, low fat diet. It’s impossible.” – Dr. Ali al Lawati
What did you learn? And who is your diabetes hero? Leave a comment below to let us know!
Ps. You can of course meet Dr. Ali al Lawati in Mallorca, Spain this November! Get your ticket for our signature event #LCU18 here!
In this episode, Bitte and Hanna share their very best Mallorca tips with you! They have both spent a good amount of time on the island and share some of their golden nuggets and personal recommendations. Mallorca is so much more than just kids clubs and all inclusive hotels!
- Hanna recommends going to a local farmers market, especially the one in Inca on Thursdays and the one in Alcudia on Tuesdays and Sundays.
- Bitte’s favorite lamb restaurants in Orient, as well as Es Verger in Castell d’Alaro.
- Hanna’s beach tips for Mallorca include: Puro Beach Club Illetas, Cala Formentor, Es Trenc , and Gran Folies in Andratx
- Where to eat sea food according to Bitte: Hotel Portixol (Hoel Espléndido’s sister hotel!), La Parada del Mar and Mar de Nudos.
- Fancy having dinner on a cliff with the most gorgeous sunset and delicious food? Cap Rocat Sea Club!
- Palma de Mallorca as a city is definitely wort a visit.
- Also, hear more about Bitte’s “shopping” ritual! And Hanna’s biggest hobby! And what is the Number One reason to visit the island? Find out here!
Hope these tips help you on your next trip to beautiful Mallorca.
Enjoy this episode of The Low Carb Universe Show!